We are going to build a list of Best Wireless Router 2017 and before starting, our team decided to explain some key points which will help our clients to make a choice. After reviewing these points you will comprehensively select one of the best among the Best Wireless Router 2017. Yes, these points would be seen multiple times in this 2017 list. For this purpose, we are going to explain these milestones.
MU-MIMO stands for Multi-User Multi-Input Multi-Output and this would be mentioned again and again in our Wireless Router 2017 list. This technology is self-explaining by its name. MU-MIMO is built to deliver high-speed internet, quick file uploading and transferring data and providing high-bandwidth of wifi signals among all the connected devices simultaneously.
While reading about 2017 wireless routers you will see this technology as place as it needs to be stated. What is this? Here is one line answer, “Beamforming technology restricts signals to the connected device rather than splitting in all directions”. In this way, connected devices will meet seamless and lag-free video streaming, online video gaming without lagging and VoIP calls without distraction.
Parental Control feature is another important factor which would be variously seen in our Wireless Router 2017 list. Through this feature, we can block a website to open for other connected devices.
Quality of Service (QoS):
QoS technique prioritizes bandwidth according to need. You can specify manually which device should meet how much speed. And of course, this would, certainly, be considered tens of times in the list.
Central Processing Unit/Processor (CPU):
Processing speed richly counts because through Processor consideration one can estimate that how fastly a wireless router process many devices connected to it. Let me give you the example of LINKSYS WRT1900 ACS Dual-Band Wifi Router has 1.6GHz processor.
Now above mentioned features are some important standards. Keep these characteristics in mind and read the following list of Best Wireless Router 2017. One more thing this is a random list, not an ordered one and if you want to buy under 100 dollars wireless router then Click Here.
1. D-Link AC3150 DIR-885L/R
In this world of fast speed internet, people wish to have dependable and compatible networking devices. For this purpose people either use network switches or Wifi Wireless Routers. D-Link AC3150 DIR-885L/R high-level wifi wireless router is introduced. This is an awesome networking device with high bandwidth.
- Dual-band Wifi router with 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies which support 1000Mbps and 2167Mbps respectively
- This dual-band wifi router has 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
- 4 Gigabit LAN and one Gigabit WAN ports
- 1 USB 3.0
- An MU-MIMO technology is engineered which provide high-bandwidth wifi signals to multiple connected devices at the same time
- D-Link AC3150 DIR-885L/R includes 4 sturdy detachable antenas
As I mentioned before about MU-MIMO , someone can ask a question what is this Technology used for? The answer is MU-MIMO stands for Multi-User Multi-Input Multi-Output. DIR-885L/R wifi router includes the aforementioned feature for delivering high-speed internet, high-bandwidth wifi signal, and efficient data transfer speed at the same time.
Now let’s talk about what are the wifi standards AC3150 DIR-885L/R supports. Yes, this supports 802.11ac protocol. This wifi router delivers excellent internet speed to all the networked devices. You can connect up to 4 wired devices as in includes 4 Gigabit LAN ports. This Ultra wifi router supports a WAN port so connect your internet cable and enjoy the high-speed HD video streaming. It has 4x4 data streams.
This includes Power cable, some screws, 4 antennas and spaceship shaped AC3150 DIR-885L/R Ultra Wifi router.
2. TP-Link Archer C3150 MU-MIMO AC3150 Wifi Router
TP-Link’s wifi routers are one the most commonly used wifi routers. Now at this time I am going to highlight one of the best routers among TP-Link’s best engineering pieces of work. TP-Link Archer C3150 MU-MIMO AC3150 wifi router and name is not enough to introduce it if I would say it.
Now a day’s I’m using the much-mentioned wifi wireless router. TP-Link AC3150 is just similar to D-Link AC3150 DIR-885L/R in most of the aspects. If I say that there are two similar devices of different companies that would not be wrong. Let’s compare both routers specs wise.
- NitroQAM with Stream Technology
- Dual band wifi router of 2.4GHz and 5GHz which supports 1000Mbps and 2167Mbps respectively
- MU-MIMO technology enhances the signaling bandwidth and allows multiple devices to connect with at the same time
- TP-Link Archer AC3150 includes 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor and 2 Co-Processors
- 4 antennas to maintain strong bandwidth of the wifi signal
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wifi protocols are used
- Beamforming Technology sends signals to the clients directly rather spreading in all over the space
- QoS technolgy supported
TP-Link AC3150 has NitroQAM with Stream Technology which strongly boosts up speed up to 3150Mbps. So, this specific technology delivers this much Wifi speed over dual band 2.4GHz (1000Mbps) and 5GHz (2167Mbps). There is Smart Connect technology which means it is easy to connect with any best available wifi connection.
Besides, all this TP-Link Archer C3150 MU-MIMO AC3150 Wifi Router comes with 2-years of comprehensive warranty pack. AC3150 supports 4K HD video streaming and online games. All 4 antennas simultaneously provide strong wifi signals to all the connected devices.
The client would be happy with such a wireless router when file transfer protocols are alike 802.11a/b/g/n/
3. LINKSYS WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Wifi Router
A significant thing regarding any wifi router is whether it provides balanced speed among all the connected devices at the same time or not. LINKSYS WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Wifi Router is presented to look after your fast speed internet capabilities. This wifi Router is much like its older version WRT1900AC. But some are the aspects differ and make LINKSYS WRT1900ACS a prominent choice.
I have used both the versions and now I’m capable of comparing these wifi routers in a glimpse of time. First and foremost important thing to mention is its RAM which is double the previous version WRT1900AC. WRT1900AC had 256MB GDDR3 but WRT1900ACS has 512MB GDDR3 memory. This memory ensures fast internet processing. Another thing which is comparable and that is Central Processing Unit (CPU), older version has 1.2GHz Dual Core Processor but new one contains 1.6GHz Dual Core Processor.
- Dual-Band wifi router of 2.4GHz (600Mbps) and 5GHz (1300Mbps)
- 1.6GHz Dual Core Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- 4 Detachable high performance antennas
- 4 Gigabit LAN and one Gigabit WAN (internet) ports it comes with totality of 5 Gigabit Ports
- 3.0 USB port along with a port which either works as USB 2.0 or eSATA supported port
- 802.11ac wifi protocol is supported
All four LAN ethernet ports are perfect for transferring heavy files at a very high speed. Simultaneous video streaming, uploading files, transferring data is easy. you can connect external devices through USB 3.0 port and eSATA port as well. As mentioned eSATA port also works as USB 2.0.
Yes, LINKSYS WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Wifi Router has 4 detachable antennas which keep up the high range of signaling strength. WRT1900ACS router covers a wifi distance of 50ft.
Another important feature is its upgraded processing speed up to 1.6GHz Dual Core Processors. With 1.6GHz Dual-Core Processors, this Dual-Band router delivers excellent throughput. Through this speed, live streaming, video chatting, and data transferring rate is strengthened.
4. Netgear AC5300 Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band Wifi Router
When we pay costly we want to have a quality and durable product. Netgear AC5300 Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band Wifi Router is one of the best in our extended list of wireless routers. Let's consider this definition enough and figure out why this AC5300 router is added into best of bests.
As you know the first turn is to make you familiar with specification and feature about routers. So let's take a look following specifications of this Tri-Band wireless wifi router.
- Tri-Band Wifi router with one 2.4GHz and two 5GHz bands
- 5.3Gbps is fastest speed available
- Multi-User Multi-Input Multi-Output (MU-MIMO) technology is supported
- 6 Gigabit LAN Ethernet and one WAN (internet) ports
- 4 active external antennas with LEDs blowing on top of these antennas and 4 internal antennas
- WPS, LED and Wifi on/off buttons
- Smart Connect technology makes it easy to connect with multiple devices
- Quality of Services (QoS) technology prioritizes bandwidth
- 802.11ac a modern most commonly used protocol is supported through which a large amount data can be transferred
- 2.0 USB port and 3.0 USB port on right side of this wireless router
As Netgear AC5300 Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band Wifi Router is an MU-MIMO technology supported device so, through this technology you can easily transmit multiple data easily and efficiently at the same time.
AC5300 is Netgear R8500 model and this model is Quad-Stream which delivers up to 2167Mbps at two of the 5GHz bands and 1000Mbs at 2.4GHz band. Now one more important thing about this R8500 wifi router is; this inludes 4 streams, single (1x1), double (2x2), triple (3x3) and, four-streams (4x4) which is also known as quad-stream.
The quality of Service (QoS) feature automatically detects that which online video streaming application required how much speed and then allocate and prioritize such applications by its own.
There are two Aggregation Ports in which you can plug-in to double the wired speed.
Netgear AC5300 X8 wifi router is engineered with 2 USB ports 2.0 and 3.0. You can simply connect external storage devices through this and then these flash drives or removable hard disks become reachable for the whole devices connected to the network.
Overall performance is excellent. My personal experience remained extraordinary but honestly, this is more expensive but well established and if you want to purchase under 100 dollars wifi router then go up here Wireless Router Under 100.
5. TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 Dual-Band Wifi Router
When I was going to buy a router, honestly I did not have any idea what specifications I should see while making my choice. But one condition I had in my mind and that was; there must be lag-free video streaming, online gaming, greater speed for file transferring or uploading a file, and greater wifi signals also matter equally.
Yes, i have used TP-Link Archer C7 and as I am a blogger, so, I have written about this in my previous post Wireless Router. Now consider TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 Dual-Band Wifi Router and allow me to highlight specifications of this wifi wireless router.
- 2 USB ports one is 2.0 and 2nd is 3.0
- Dual-band wifi router in which 2.4GHz supports 600Mbps and 5GHZ supports 1300Mbps
- 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- 802.11ac wifi protocol is built-in supported
- 3x5dBi ultra longe ranged detachable antennas
- Beamforming Technology
- 4 Gigabit LAN ports and one WAN port
- Power and Wifi on/off buttons
- Quality of Service (QoS) facilty is available through which one is able to control bandwidth and prioritize according to requirement
- 1.9Gbps is Data transfer rate
- WPA and WPA2 wifi security protocols are built in
TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 Wifi Router includes Beamforming technology, let's find out what is this technology meant for. Beamforming technology makes signal directly accessible instead of spreading it all over the directions in space.
For 5GHz port, it supports wifi standards like 802.11a/n/ac and for 2.4GHz it supports 802.11b/g/n.
Overall this wireless router is available in very payable rates and most demanding router in business and home networks. A humble request to the buyers is, go for chasing this TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 Dual-Band Wifi router because it is affordable with an elegant appearance.
One ting that I richly do not like and that is a router should not be a mounted wireless router like a Tower PC but it should be a desktop device. And TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 Dual-Band Wifi Router is not a desktop device.
6. Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 Gigabit
In this sophisticated world of internet and networking wifi Wireless routers are playing a golden role. As we are building a list of best wifi routers 2017 so Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 Gigabit Wifi Router is one of the best enlisted.
Let's come to the point and get some overview regarding specifications of Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 Gigabit Wifi Router.
- Tri-Band Wifi Router of 2.4GHz and other two are 5GHz
- Multi-User Multi-Input Multi-Output (MU-MIMO) technology is available
- 8 Gigabit LAN and a WAN port
- Smart Connect technology makes us capable of easily connecting wifi
- 8 detachable antennae create a cloud of high bandwidth signals
- WPA and WPA2 Wifi security protocols are used along with SPI firewall which safely connect to wifi and keeps your privacy
- Beamforming Technology
- 2 USB ports in which one is 2.0 and other one is 3.0
- Quad-Stream Wifi router
- WPS and Wireless on/off button on right side of this wifi router
- 3 years of warranty pack
- 802.11ac wifi protocol supported
- Maximum wifi range is 150 feet
- 1.4GHz Dual Core CPU
MU-MIMO technology keeps track of bandwidth, a moderate speed of internet, and file uploading and transferring among all the connected devices at the same time.
Beamforming technology helps to deliver signals to the particularly connected devices instead of spreading in different directions. In this way, signal strength becomes maximum and due to this we enjoy lag-free streaming.
There is Parental Control feature in this Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 Gigabit Wifi Router. By using this substantial feature a particular website can be blocked or can be prioritized to surf.
QoS technology is built-in which means you can control bandwidth and internet speed and if there are some clients working with heavy data , this feature provides a facility to deliver high speed to that particular device.
As mentioned above Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 Gigabit Wifi Router is a Tri-Band Router , so, a
Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 Gigabit Wifi Router provides seamless and lag-free online video streaming, file transferring and much more and believe us this is mostly used, elegant and the fastest internet wifi router in this planet. Personal experience makes me
7. D-Link AC1900 EXO DIR-879 Wifi Router
I have seen and used multiple routers in my life but I could not say that this router has a durable, excellent and elegant hardware. But in the case of D-Link AC1900 EXO DIR-879 Wifi Router, my whole appreciations are with this Wifi Router. All these calculatedly said words are worth to be mentioned. But as far as performance is required, this is mentioned among best recent bandwidth provider wifi routers.
Now let's take an overview of D-Link DIR-879' s specifications properly and extensively.
- Dual-Band wifi router of 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- QoS Engine is supported
- 4 collapsible antennae
- WPS/Reset and Power on/off button
- Router/Extender button
- 4 LAN and one WAN (internet) Gigabit ports
- Smart Connect feature enables other devices like tablets, mobile phone and laptop to connect easily and smartly
- Beamforming technology is available which decide which device should be connected to which band means select between 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- 167Mbps speed at 35 feet on 5GHz band mode and 64Mbps at 2.4GHz band mode
- 802.11ac wifi standard
Now let me introduce one annoying thing about D-Link AC5400 EXO EA9500 Gigabit Wifi Router and that is there is not a single USB port engineered on it. This wifi router could be even better if this feature is included in it. But this is bearable.
Another disadvantage is that there is MU-MIMO technology present in it. Honestly, if this technology would be built in it multiple users are able to connect with this wifi router without affecting overall performance.
Our survey team has introduced some endpoints regarding D-Link AC5400 wireless wifi router. This router is cost-effective, efficient, easyily handled through web-base GUI.
Besides the fact that D-Link AC5400 EXO DIR-879 Wifi Router EA9500 does not include MU-MIMO and USB facilities in it, but still, AC5400 is fastest , reliable and durable wifi router at affordable prices.
8. Netgear AC1750 R6400-100NAS
Netgear AC1750 R6400-100NAS is one of the shortlisted routers in our Best Wireless Router 2017. Before ordering this wifi router take a thorough review of following specifications related to this AC1750 R6400-100NAS;
- Dual-Band Wifi Router of 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- QoS Engine is supported
- 2.0 and 3.0 two USB ports, both these ports are for external devices like printer and flash drives etc
- Beamforming Technology pushes signal to the targeted devices
- 12 or more devices can be connected to the router at the same time
- Parental Control feature help to manage different websites
- 3 adjustable antennae which help to maintain rigid cloud of signal and bandwidth
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN and one Gigabit WAN (internet) ports
- Power and wifi on/off button
- 802.11ac Dual-Band Wifi Protocol
- 1750Mbps is total internet speed
Netgear AC1750 R6400-100NAS Wifi Wireless Router is the unexceptional device for networking. All above-mentioned specs regarding Netgear AC1750 urged our team to select this for reviewing.
This wifi router includes some imperfection and that is, there is no MU-MIMO technology which is somehow endurable because it is low budgeted and enthusiast can easily understand our this point of view.
Overall NetgearAC1750 R5400-100NAS is one of the best wireless and wired wifi routers. I'm currently using Netgear AC1750 wifi router and honestly, I have no complain related to this device.
9. TP-Link AC1200 (Archer C1200) See Price
Technically, Bandwidth wise and prices concern wise TP-LINK AC1200 Gigabit Dual-Band (Archer C1200) is precisely the most appreciated wireless WiFi router. But before you glue this into your choice zone you must go through this article. In this article we will express our subjective as well as objective opinion regarding this particular router.
Archer C1200 supports 802.11ac WiFi protocol and with Dual Band (5GHz provides 867Mbps and 2.4GHz provides 300Mbps) 1200Mbps which serves us lag-free HD Online Video Streaming and Gaming.
The 3 external antennae provide stabled signals and expand wireless coverage.
The four Gigabit Ethernet Ports convey ultra-fast wired connection.
The 2 USB ports provide a smooth sharing of files and supports storage devices. The files can easily be shared form printer or with other networked devices. Through these USB ports I’m able to connect Flash drives or other removable hard drives the data of these storage devices is accessible with networked devices.
Through the Thether App network settings are easy to manage. So, configure the router according to your own comfort.
Lastly, 2 year warranty gives you an opportunity to back the product if not working correctly.